These are some suggested items for a skywatch go kit as suggested by NICAP (MUFON Connecticut added suggestions in parentheses).
- Cellphone with important numbers to call (possible numbers to UFO organizations and emergency services).
- Flashlight (Red light flashlight to preserve night vision).
- K-II type meter.
- Voice recorder.
- Video or body camera.
- Polarized sun glasses – for possible observation of possible “Farady rings.”
- Notepad and Pens.
- (IF you have a smartphone – Flightradar24, astronomy app).
- (Scanner – to monitor local air traffic or use the app ATCLive).